Jan 4, 2010

Happy New Years!

I guess I should say Merry Christmas too! Maybe I'll eventually post some Christmas photos...

We had a very busy December as we traveled all over Texas before landing in Austin to spend Christmas with my family. It was a lot of fun to be there with LiLi and Poppo and Uncle Sean! But right before Christmas we got the sad news that my grandfather (my Dad's father) had passed away. My Dad, brother and I all drove up to Kansas to be with my grandmother and attend the memorial service. Micah stayed in Austin with my Mom to keep the boys. We were able to still be with my Mom's side of the family on Christmas day. The day after Christmas we drove up to Denver to visit Micah's oldest sister, Robin. Micah's other sister & family and his parents joined us as well. We had a great time together and got to enjoy the snow as well! Reister was a big fan of sledding while Mason enjoyed being pulled around on the sled.
Now we're in Sulphur Springs for a week. We'll be traveling to the east coast next week and then be back in SS for several days before heading back to Austin. The latest with Mason is that he's most likely going to have a combo eye surgery and circumcision on January 29th in Temple. He's going to have a trial procedure on the 22nd ordered by his hematologist to see if a certain injection will cause him to produce the necessary blood factor to make surgery safe for him. Although the eye surgery is normally a short out-patient procedure, Mason will need to stay overnight for observation to make sure he doesn't having any problems related to his Von Willibrands (bleeding disorder).
I wish I was better about posting updates and pictures but I feel like we have just been SOO busy and crazy with all of our traveling. For those of you who still read our blog, keep coming back! I really do hope to catch up someday - especially before we head back to the land of slow internet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am impressed that you are able to post at all. Those 3 fellows of yours keep you hopping, as we all can attest. Praying for great outcomes with Mason's surgeries and sleep and health for you all in the meantime.
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete