Jun 12, 2010

Running

In April my parents bought me a great little gadget for an early birthday present. It's called the "Nike + iPod"
You can use it with an iPod Nano, iTouch or some iPhones. I have an iPod Touch and have LOVED having this little thing! I have never been a runner, but for some reason this has motivated me to start running. It tells you how far you've gone and at what pace and in what length of time. Then it stores all your run history and you can even sink it to your Nike+ account online. I started running a little before we left Texas but have actually kept it up and run 2-4 times a week. I normally run 2 miles at a time but have been trying to go further as I'm gaining endurance. I go at about 7am when the boys are normally just waking up and Micah can take care of them. I've really enjoyed getting exercise first thing in my day. I try to do a few sit-ups, push-ups and other stretching when I get home. I'm actually kind of proud of myself because I have never consistently exercised in almost my whole life. I hope I can keep this up because I know it's good for my body (so far I haven't had any major knee pain, etc), heart and spirit, really :) Another friend and I have even tried to go together when our schedules/lives allow once a week.
If you have this Nike+, add me as a friend (I use my actually@pobox.com address) so we can keep up with each other's progress. I had it linked to my Facebook account for a while but then got a little embarrassed at it showing my runs EVERY time I went, so I took it off.
So now that I've posted about this, I'll hopefully stick with it and update you all down the road!

1 comment:

  1. go, Michelle! it's great that you have gotten into a routine that works for you. I HATE exercise but feel so much better when I am doing it regularly. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete