I know Reister's teachers (at his local preschool) will probably get a lot of flowers and maybe little trinket gifts. I've heard from my teacher friends in the states that they get tired of all the gifts and end up re-gifting a lot of them b/c they can't use all the stuff they get given. So I thought about what we could give them to show our appreciation because they really are good teachers! (He has 4 in his class of 40+ kids) I decided on making banana and pumpkin bread so they could taste a little of American baking. The top one below is Pumpkin and the bottom is Banana. I called them "cakes" in Chinese because I thought that might make more sense to them seeing as they are quite sweet. But on the other hand, it's hard to find sandwich bread that's not a little bit sweet here, so....
Anyway, hopefully they will like them!
Wow! Glad I read your blog tonight! I did not know tomorrow was teachers day!! I think bread is a wonderful idea and I happen to have some banana bread in the freezer! Thanks for sharing! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteGood idea for a gift! That's interesting that Teacher's Day is a different day there--here in Taiwan, it's on September 28th, Confucius's birthday.
ReplyDeleteokay...i learned this a couple days ago, but didn't process that it was a CHINESE teacher appreciation day!! I have 1.5 hours to get something together for Micah and Zion's language teacher!! :-)
ReplyDelete