Jan 22, 2011

Our Kitchen

I thought it might be interesting for you to see my kitchen here. Comparatively, it's pretty big - a lot of kitchens here are very small. I like the layout, too. I have an oven (it's more of a toaster oven, but big enough for a 9X13!), a microwave, gas range, rice cooker, a coffee pot and toaster. I don't have a dishwasher, but I am blessed to have a househelper who comes 5 mornings a week to help me with the dishes and other household chores!
I love that I have such a big window in the kitchen - it provides a lot of light and and least something to look at while washing dishes - my view is of other buildings, but I can see some sky!

We put both the microwave and oven up on racks from IKEA (yes we have one here!) to save counter space. By the way, the standard height for counters is much lower than in America. I considered trying to have them raised, but the lady I checked with wasn't into the job :( It would have been a complex job!

I promise I'm trying to get better at regular blogging! I'm going back through pictures by date and will try to post in order.

3 comments:

  1. I made an apple crisp in the kitchen once. Or what I should say is that I burned an apple crisp in that kitchen once. Oops! Welcome back to blogging. Hope you keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging again too. Must be the new year! :)

    Thanks for posting a little bit about everyday life. It's fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle,
    Your kitchen is in a really similar layout to mine, except my sink is at the very far left and then on the left side we have another counter on the wall for the drying rack. I have my microwave and oven on a shelf there.

    Ok, so here's a question. I noticed your cabinets are up on lifts. How do you keep the dust and other stuff from going underneath? Our cabinets go to the ground so it's no big deal, but our kitchen floor still get's really, really dirty because the tile is cheap and dirt get's caked in.

    Love you friend~F

    ReplyDelete