Mason has worn glasses since he was 6 months old. He had surgery when he was 1 1/2 to correct his (crossed) eyes. They weren't permanently crossed but would both turn in at times. He had to continue wearing his glasses for far-sightedness. This past December Micah took him for a visit to the doctor in Hong Kong and he said his vision had improved and no longer needed to wear the glasses. But at that time Mason wasn't ready to stop wearing them. A couple weeks ago he got a hair cut and I told him that with the haircut I could see his "cool" eyes better but that if he didn't wear the glasses people could see them even better. He said "I don't want to wear my glasses anymore" and hasn't put them on since. We're still monitoring his eyes and in June will take him to see the doctor in Texas that performed the surgery. Here is his "new look". We were at a nice Cherry Blossom grove last weekend on the outskirts of the city.

I can't get over how different he looks- taller, no glasses, no curls... is it really Mason? ;) Still cute as ever!!!
ReplyDeleteMason looks about 3 yrs older in this photo! I agree with Karen...no blue glasses, no curls, where is my Mason?
ReplyDeleteBlessings & love sent to you and all of your boys...the biggest one too, Micah :)
ltc
Michelle! He looks so grown! Oh my!
ReplyDeletehe looks so different! still adorable as ever tho! :)
ReplyDeleteI hardly recognize him- not just because of not wearing glasses but because he is so big too! how cute!
ReplyDelete