Oct 23, 2012

A Wedding!

Well, it's about time I posted... And, I'm backing up to before we went to the US to post about a wedding we were a part of. It was a small one, but meaningful nonetheless.  
A friend of the bride is a professional accordian player of all things - she really was amazing!

Micah and the Groom

Bride and Groom

Peyton was very popular that night

Girls picture

Another girls picture

Flower girl and Ring Bearer (we didn't know about this till we arrived)

Bride sharing

Groom sharing

Happy Married couple with our family (less the ring bearer)

More of Peyton's admirers
It was a fun night - very local in flavor, but yet the ceremony itself had western aspects as well. For example, it was not planned out very far in advance, just kind "fly by the seat of your pants" type of thing. But it ended up fine.  And, the bride wanted to "walk in with her father". So in the middle of the wedding, she goes to her father and pulls him to the back of the room so he can "walk her down the aisle". Ha ha! At first I was like, what's going on? Is her father upset about something?  They also did the traditional local part of the couple going to each set of parents and showing their respect to them.  Normally I think they serve them tea, but I think they just went up to them and hugged them or something. (Hey, this was almost 5 months ago, and I've got mommy brain, and I was trying to keep 3 kids quiet, so I don't remember details) Oh, and Micah officiated by sharing a little, having them say their (personally written) vows, and proclaiming them husband and wife.  This couple is now living in a nearby city and is expecting their first child. Micah was able to visit them recently and help them work through some of the first year of marriage bumps in the road ;)

2 comments:

  1. I liked seeing this! thank you for sharing these photos, what a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that ring bearer. What a good sport! Love, Li Li

    ReplyDelete