When we were in American last summer I decided to try my hand at making a quilt. But having never made one before I wanted to start simple. I researched on Pinterest and other sites after talking to my friend T here in our city. She showed me a couple of her "rag quilts" and I liked the style so I wanted to do that kind. I found a simple pattern and shopped for the material. I don't think I'm very good at picking colors / patterns but I finally settled on some that I liked. I went to JoAnn's and thought the selection was pretty good. I had the material for over a month I think before I finally started! I used my mother-in-law's sewing machine - it is one of those that folds down into the wooden desk - so cool! I was thankful for the space of her dining room table to lay out the material for cutting and figuring out the order I wanted to do. I used fleece instead of batting. So most strips have 3 layers, but some I just left the fleece showing, so they had two. Here it is:
| Back side - no fray |
I followed the basic pattern found here: http://doityourselfdivas.blogspot.com/2011/05/diy-baby-rag-quilt.html
But i changed the size to fit a twin bed, and used fleece instead of flannel.
My hope is that this can be Peyton's big boy bed blanket - but we don't have plans to move him to a big boy bed anytime soon! Ha ha!



Super Cute! Well done Michelle!
ReplyDeleteImpressive! Peyton will have a comfy blanket for his big boy bed.
ReplyDelete