Jan 3, 2008
Correction
I just wanted to make a correction to my last post. Somehow I had a lapse in my thinking and thought Reister's "regular" time to wake up was 7:30am. I want to say that his actual "regular" waking time is between 6am and 6:30am. That day was a fluke. It has become a very frusterating thing for me that he wakes up so early because I try my best to get up at 6am to have my own time of peace and quiet for about an hour (assuming he'll be content in his crib until 7am even if he wakes up before that); BUT normally he still starts to cry and is VERY ready to get out by 6:30-6:45 at the latest (so much for peace & quiet). We've tried altering his day time sleep in order to get him to sleep later; we've also tried putting him to bed a little later at night (normally he goes to sleep around 7:30-8pm). But nothing seems to work. I guess this is the struggle of every mom of young kids. But if any one has any tips, I'd love to hear them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sorry he wakes up early! I don't have any tips for you. Kiran went through a phase like that- but it was just a phase and she just started sleeping longer on her own. I remember it being torturous to get up so early and have no time to myself. I hope it gets better!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have tried just aobut all the tricks already. Hopefully it will get better soon. One thing we do that has seemed to work a little is darkening their room completely. That will trick them a little sometimes into not realizing it is morning and time to get up - at 6 am! We use cardboard covered with material (so not so ugly) or heavy drapes that are pinned down on the side - pain in the neck to do, but has been worth it for us...don't know if it would work for you. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWell, not to be discouraging, but...Aidan still wakes up between 6:00 and 6:30 am every day, and he's three-and-a-half! We have tried every trick in the book over his short life, but I think some kids are just early risers. Now that he's older, he can tell time (from a digital clock), and so he knows that he can't get out of bed until 7 am. He still wakes up, but he will open his curtains and stay in bed and look at books until his clock reads 7:00. Maybe Reister will grow out of it--I hope so for your sake! But if not, try to clock thing when he's a bit older. :)
ReplyDelete