Our stuff arrived (in not so great shape) from the Shining City (after at least two truck changes) last Thursday night. We were pretty dissapointed that the moving company changed trucks after promising not to. Most of our boxes had busted open, the baby crib gate had broken off and the crib had been scratched up considerably. But although our fridge and washing machine looked somewhat dinged up, they both still work. Some other furniture was dinged up but overall, everything is still usable and we think everything made it. There were two rice bags we had on the list unaccounted for, but we can't think of what we might be missing.
This transition has been a lot harder than we anticipated. This role is a lot more stressful than our previous one. In some ways, we're just "hanging on" by a thread. We're mostly unpacked but the apartment is still really dirty from all the boxes and dirt tracked in during the move. Micah's had to travel some so far and will have to more. I hope we can find some since of normalcy soon.
Thanks for your thoughts during this time and please keep them coming!
Yes, I have been thinking of you daily! So grateful that the four of you are safe and that internet is up so that communication can be more frequent. You wouldn't believe what an overactive imagination can do when communication is infrequent...much love to all and Happy Birthday, Micah!!
ReplyDeletebest,
Leslie C.
Hey Ya'll,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your stuff arrived even with the difficulties! Moving never seems to be fun here. We love you and all are bringing you before our Father. Remember you are doing all of this with two little ones!I know the year of "2" was a difficult one for me with Nathan and Emily is giving him a run for his money! :) Press on!!! He is faithful!! Blessings, Sarah
Hey Michelle! I just found your blog off of the Making Home comments. So good to see all of you! I can relate to the move - but not the switching trucks bit - that sounds HORRIBLE!! I'll be thinking about you all.
ReplyDelete