I am so tired at the end of most days, I hardly feel like blogging! But I know I should because I told y'all I would give you an update when I got back. Mason and I returned home yesterday around 3pm. It was a good trip and Mason was exceptionally good during the travels. The doctor redid a lot of the tests on Mason's eyes, confirming his prescription and checking out each eye's responsiveness. Mason's right eye is considerably weaker. Dr. Yu said we should patch Mason's left eye around 30 minutes a day in order to strengthen the right eye. He wants to see Mason every two months and doesn't want to decide on surgery until he's one year old. So we came back with patches to use in addition to the glasses (all the time). Thank you so much for remembering us to Father - I really saw Him answer your requests for easy travels. But I am still recovering and Micah's gone for at least one night so I'm headed to bed! :)
Oh, but I did want to make sure I wrote some more about Mason in general - he is sitting up really well and even getting into playing with toys more independently. But he sure can fill up his diapers. I feel like I am changing his clothes due to overflowing poopy diapers multiple times every day! Any other mommies of 7-9 month olds feel the same way!?
Reister is really getting into imagining things. He pretends a lot and "gives" us things or asks for things that are just pretend. It's pretty cute. He is doing well at his preschool - I'll try to post pictures soon. Although Micah did say that his teacher say he bit another kid's finger on Tuesday. That's not so good! I don't think there was any blood involved, but still! Argh!
Okay now I'm really headed to bed!
Hey Michelle - I'm glad to hear of Mason's good dr report. He's so cute in his little glasses. Our little Conner is 8 months (just one day after Mason), and he has lots of poopie diapers. In fact, he's had even more since he's been taking an antibiotic for ear infections. It's our third since Xmas...so we may have to get tubes. No fun! But our dr said we could use acidophilles (what's found in yogurt) to help with digestion. Since he can't have yogurt yet, we just put this in his baby food. I don't know what kind of products you have there, but it helped a lot!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good report - we'll be praying :)
ReplyDelete