I find it really amusing that I have been doing some serious nesting. It also seems like a God given gift to pregnant moms who need to get things ready for the new baby.
This first 'project' isn't really related to preparing for a new baby, but it is related to saving my back. I had been keeping my cookbooks in a lower cabinet and kept straining my back to lean down to get them out. One time I even knocked over a jar of coffee, shattering it, in the process of pulling one out. I found this little shelf at IKEA for 39RMB which is about $6US. I can just call up the handy repairman employed by our apartment complex anytime I need something drilled into the wall - he only charges 10RMB ($1.55US) per time to drill as many things as I want. Here is my new shelf that will save my back and keep my cookbooks, timer and salt and pepper shakers right and arms reach! You can also take a peak at that corner of my kitchen. The appliance in the top right of the picture is my oven. I've had it for almost 6 years and it still does a great job. If I remember correctly, it cost me 280RMB ($43US).
One other nesting project that was something I pondered for quite a while included the putting up of the quilt that was part of the bedding I used with both boys. But, I actually found that although the quilt is adorable and I love the colors and design of it, it wasn't the most comfortable thing for a baby to sleep with. I guess most quilts that come with baby bedding are probably that way. Also I could never find a great way to "display" it - hanging it over the side of the crib always required folding it so part of it was not visible. After looking online at some pictures I realized hanging it up would be a good option. The local curtain lady had a scrap piece of rod, brackets and knobs all that matched the dark wood in the nursery. She sewed the backing on the quilt that made it possible to put in the little hooks that would connect to the rings. I was very pleased with how it turned out.I also completely rearranged the nursery including moving the huge armoir (closet), sofa bed, crib and now the room has a lot more space and feels more open. I'm also getting it ready for my parents who are coming next month for a visit! Yeah!


I'm excited to see your home and your family!
ReplyDeleteLoved seeing your nesting spots! So thankful for our fellowship.
ReplyDeleteLooks Great! I'd love to see how you have the room arranged now! Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks.
ReplyDelete