We had plans Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so we decided to have a traditional Christmas meal on Friday night. We invited several friends over and ate till we were stuffed.
I do not consider myself to excel in the area of homemaking and cooking/hosting, but I have finally gotten the hang of some things and managed to plan in advance and was able to pull if off without too much stress!
Of course the photos are out of order, but here they are:
 |
| Enjoying our meal |
 |
| The Ham - not a true ham, but a cured chunk of pork that tastes pretty similar. I put the "rub" on the night before - brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and then poured apple juice and coke on it as well as added mustard powder the day of... turned out pretty good |
 |
| My first time to make crescent rolls from scratch - thanks to my friend's food blog. They didn't taste too much like Pillsbury, but they were good |
 |
| Our little guy - he was really fussy most of the day and especially after dinner - poor thing must have had some tummy trouble :( |
 |
| My 6 year old toaster oven that seems to be going strong - cooking the ham at this point |
 |
| My mom's cornbread stuffing recipe - yummy |
 |
| Apple Cider - again from my friend's food blog |
 |
| Pecan Pie - pecans are hard to come by here, but my mom had brought a bag of them in the summer and I pulled them out of the freezer and had a bottle of Karo Syrup on hand that someone had passed on! |
 |
| Our dinner table settings.. |
We also had green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole but I didn't get pictures of them.
Micah and I discussed that all this food was "comfort food". It sure felt nice to eat it as we celebrated with good friends. There is true joy in knowing that our Savior really did come in the flesh as a babe two thousand years ago - He came to die, that we might live!
Michelle, I'm majorly impressed that you pulled this dinner off with 3(!) little guys under foot and more! Way to go! Your pecan pie looks marvelous and the way you prepared the ham sounds just like a honey-baked ham.
ReplyDeleteWe all love you and celebrate that we all can be joyous for the same reasons this season.
Hugs,
Leslie