Jan 5, 2012

Peyton - 3 months


Peyton turned 3 months old on December 28.  We think he's collicky although I read recently that colic is supposed to last from 3 weeks to 3 months.... he goes in spurts of being more fussy and not as fussy. I still haven't determined whether it's totally related to my diet.  But regardless, we love him and he really is a sweet baby (with some strong lungs!)  He was turning over in his crib from stomach to back for a while but has seemed to have stopped. He eats every 3 hours during the day and does a couple longer (4-6 hours) stretches at night.  Basically he feeds about 7 times a day.  His neck is getting really strong and he can hold his head up really well, especially during tummy time.  He weighs 15 pounds and is 24.8 inches - between the 75th & 90th percentile for both! He's bigger than Mason was at this age, but maybe not as big as Reister (I don't have exact records from 3 months of age for the bigger boys).  It's kind of funny - I found out recently that in the states you take your baby for a well check every month. We mainly just took our boys at 2, 4, 6 months for immunizations and it wasn't always to a doctor, sometimes just to a foreign nurse who was qualified to give the shots.  So this time around I realized I could / should take Peyton each month and it will be nice to have proper scales/measuring instruments to monitor his growth. We have an international clinic here that partners with our health insurance so it's really easy (and clean and not crowded).
Anyway, here's what you really want - the pictures!



I like to call this one Chub in the Tub - look at those thighs!

the shirt is a hand-me-down from cousin Jackson

"playing" with his big brothers


3 comments:

  1. what a cutie! thank you for sharing the pictures! hoping that the fussiness disappears soon... he has such a cute smile & i know you'd love to see more and more of it!
    ~jd2

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so darling! His smile is just infectious...so genuine and from his whole being! You and Micah are truly blessed with this full quiver of sons! Hope that fussiness ends SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute photos! Can't wait to see him in person.

    ReplyDelete