In reference to the market post, my Mom asked about a vegetable that she ate while visiting us. It is in season in the summer and we love it - it's called "Kong Xin Cai" or translated, Empty Heart Vegetable. The stems are hollow so that's the only reason I can guess for the name. It's yummy!
Also, my friend Christine asked if we cooked western or chinese food with the food we buy at the market. I cook western, but if I'm buying for my househelper she will cook chinese! I've tried my hand a couple times at some stir fry Chinese, but honestly I crave American food enough to keep me busy cooking western dishes!
I'm trying to think of a good next post for "local life"....
Also we'll be traveling soon, so I may not blog for a while (except I'll try to post Peyton's 4 month pics soon!)
I cook a lot of western too :-) I think an interesting local life post would be about your home. Most people don't realize we don't have central heating or carpet-- and I always love seeing how people bring touches of America to their chinese home. just a suggestion :-)
ReplyDelete