Nov 29, 2006
Pride in a child
I think I am learning so much about the Father's love for us by being a parent to Reister. As you saw in the "Heads Up" post, he has been able to hold himself up while laying on his stomach. He also is starting to grasp some of his toys (I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not yet). As I watch him make these developmental advances, I'm so proud and excited for him. Often I'm trying to help him along . . . I thought about how the Father's joy in us might be similar. But He's always the one to do it through us, though. I know from His word (Zeph 3:17) that He takes great delight in us. It makes me want to be more obedient and to seize every opportunity to glorify Him, knowing that the pride and the joy He takes in us must be even greater than the joy I feel as I see Reister grow and develop. He is worthy! I'm thankful for this opportunity to grow in my understanding of Him as I learn how to parent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just thought I'd let you know we've been here. Great to see all of the good pics! See you on Sunday...
ReplyDelete