Well, first of all I should let you know that we have pretty much decided on the name Mason Turner. Why Mason? We like it! Why Turner? It's a family name on Micah's mom's side. So ... Mason Turner Webb!
We went for the monthly ultrasound Monday afternoon (that's why we were at the hospital). We were really happy to find out that his kidney had decreased in size this month. It was 9.6mm (last month it was 10.9mm). The doctor also did several of the other measurements for his overall size like head circumference, femur length and abdomen size. Everything measured about to where I am this week (around 32 weeks) except for his abdomen - it measured at 34 weeks. So she called him a fatty! She was a little concerned but because I passed my glucose tolerance test with no problems last month she said it shouldn't be an issue. We'll see what he actually looks like when he comes out - or if him being "fat" makes it harder for him to actually get out. Thanks so much for lifting up our family in this. Please continue to ask that he would be completely healed before he's born and for wisdom for us and any attending doctors if the problem still exists at birth.
We have our tickets to leave the Shining City June 2, spending some time in a coastal city to obtain our extended Thai visas and will arrive to Bangkok June 7. My mom gets there June 19!
so glad to hear that his kidney measured smaller!!! will continue to be thinking of u all as u head to Thailand. Love the name Mason! :)
ReplyDeleteYea! I'm so thankful for the better report! We've been praying hard for that little kidney!
ReplyDeleteI have kept checking your blog to see how the ultrasound went. I'm so glad his kidney decreased in size and that things are going well! I guess we are having a fatty too, because she measured large in her abdomen as well! Have a great last couple of weeks before you leave for Thailand!
ReplyDeleteYeah! So last time, it hadn't gotten bigger, and now this time, it has actually gotten smaller! How good our Father is! And for the record, Anna was a fat baby at 9 pounds, 9 ounces. "Fat" babies are the best!
ReplyDelete