Well, I wanted to do two things before we tried out Reister sleeping in his new bed. The first was rearrange, putting the bed against the wall that would allow us to peek in easily. Got that done first - last weekend, I think (with our friend Todd's help!). The second thing was to get curtains put up that would do a good job of keeping out the light so Reister wouldn't wake up too early in the morning. I went Monday to a curtain market and found the best fabric I've ever found in our city (as far as matching the color scheme I was going for) and also asked the lady to put the reflective backing on the inside to keep out even more light. She did an excellent job, even incorporating some leftover fabric I had from old curtains at our previous apartment and had them finished by Thursday! The price included installation so a nice, capable guy came and installed the rod according to my liking yesterday afternoon. I am really pleased with the curtains! But I was even more pleased when Reister willingly got into his new bed and went to sleep quicker than he almost ever has in his crib. He slept all night long (with just a couple of normal little peeps) and woke up at ten till 7am (normal/late for Reister). When he woke up, he called for Micah who quickly went to get him. Micah and I were both a little shocked at how easily he went to sleep. We realize there may still be transitional issues to come, but it seemed like he had been sleeping in that room and that bed forever! Here are the pictures of the curtains and the new bed placement:


** I wrote this post this morning but wasn't able to post it till this afternoon. I'll give you an update as far as NAPPING in the big bed - I put him down at about 1:30pm and several minutes later I heard him playing. Then he opened the door and came out. He looked pretty sheepish like he knew he wasn't supposed to be up. I put him back down and told him to stay in bed. He got up again and opened the door again. Then I laid down with him for a little bit but he wasn't getting any closer to falling asleep and I figured I probably wasn't helping. So I left and told him to close his eyes and go to sleep. He thought that was funny. I heard him play a while longer and then it got quiet. About 2:30 I checked on him again and he was asleep in the bed. I half expected him to be laying on his slide or something. So we'll see how this continues!
haha! Sounds like fun :) Cool room - I want to play in it :) haha!
ReplyDelete