
Mason: "Ha ha You're dreamin', bubba, I'm the baby with the cute glasses - I can get away with whatever I want."

Reister: "Hey, no, you're the 'WITTLE' brother. I'm the big brother and what I say goes."

Reister: "Oh... Mom were you sitting there the whole time? Just kidding :) "

Actually Reister doesn't try to "boss" Mason around too much. He just takes toys out of his hands, but he's getting better about giving him new ones if he does that. He does try to boss around other kids his age. Mainly he just wants them to do whatever he's doing but the other kids are still in the "I'll play beside you, not with you stage" so he gets ignored a lot. We're trying to help him understand that he can ask if they want to go with him or do what he's doing but they can also decline.
Mason loves just watching his big brother and often gets really tickled and starts laughing at him when he's running around or dancing or whatever. You can tell Mason is really going to look up to Reister and want to be just like him. That makes me really happy too, because I think Reister is a really stellar kid. He's got a sweet heart and I'm starting to see that he's not really at all exhibiting much "terrible two's" behavior. He is overall really pretty obedient and is getting more and more so and will listen to reason or explanation sometimes more than I expect him to. I really love being his and Mason's mom.
It's fun to see that Reister and Keely are going through the same phases. Keely has been experiencing wanting to play with others and do certain things and the other kids are running all around doing their own thing! I understand! We also tell Keely to give Jordan a new toy if she takes away a toy...sometimes what she chooses is hilarious though! Fun to see you guys are going through some of the same phases.
ReplyDeleteah, how sweet. it's obvious from this post & your love for these 2 little guys that you are a stellar mom. go ahead, pat yourself on the back... :)
ReplyDelete