We came back to our apartment/hotel yesterday afternoon. Mason had not urinated very much so the pediatrician wanted to monitor him an extra night. When he finally did pee, his urine was very concentrated so she wanted to run a test on it. She ran three tests actually, and the third urination was normal. But, his urine did show an elevated white blood cell count so she sent it off for a culture. If there is an infection she is supposed to call us (I think tomorrow or the next day). Otherwise, we'll just go back for a visit with the pediatrician on Monday. Mason was a tad jaundiced yesterday when we checked out. So we're watching him for any increased yellow color. So far we think he's okay.
My milk supply still seems to be lacking and he possibly has a weak suck - he doesn't seem to get full enough. (maybe it's a combo)
All you mothers out there know that this first week is one of the most exhausting times of your life! I'm not experiencing any exception to that rule!! The nights are the hardest of course, because that's when your body is screaming for sleep. But I know this will not only pass quickly, but my body will adjust to the lack of sleep and hopefully Mason will get in a routine as well.
I'll try to download lots more photos and post some tomorrow. We've been getting a lot of cute ones!
Please lift up my Mom because she's had some stomach trouble. She leaves Tuesday and we want her to be able to make the most of her last couple days and be healthy for her trip back.
Thanks for the update :) Lifting up all of you guys!
ReplyDeleteHey! I've been checking up on your blog every day several times a day for quite a few days now. :0) Congratulations! Thanks for all the updates and pictures! I'm so so so happy for y'all. Michelle- I never replied to the comment you left on my blog.
ReplyDeleteYeah, we're living in CD now. It's been really great. We're flying home Sept. 5th. :0( Marshall is in yunnan with josh now. He's loving it but we're missing him.
I'm thinking of y'all!
Love,
HOlli :)