Nov 16, 2008

5 years

Micah and I have been married for five years! We celebrated Friday night (the day before our actual anniversary) by going out to eat (ALONE!) at a Turkish restaurant in town. It was very yummy (see one of the things we ordered below) Some other American friends agreed to watch the boys so we were able to get away (in between Mason's feedings, mind you, so it wasn't for too long) for a date.


We had hummus, falafel, turkish naan bread, and then this platter of beef, mashed potatoes, carrots and asparagus. Yummy!


I should have gotten a picture of us afterward with our Starbucks - we went and both got Toffee Nut Lattes to go and had finished them by the time we got back to our friends' home they were SOOO good. They don't have the Pumpkin Spice ones here, but the Toffee Nut was awesome!

It was a great night and we are so thankful for five wonderful years of marriage. We're planning to take a ski vacation while we're back in the states in 2009-10 so we're saving up for that and didn't do a lot this year.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a blessing to have the gift of marriage. Let us know more about your ski vacation. Maybe I can help (I am from Vail and have a couple connections).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a huge hummus kick so your dinner looked amazing! Happy Anniversary! Its good to see updates of your family in blogworld again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a milestone! Congratulations--you guys are a very special couple and we love y'all dearly! Oh, and your boys are looking PRECIOUS as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I am glad you got to celebrate by being alone for awhile. What a treat! Your boys are so handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete