Apr 13, 2008

A Big Bed!

In anticipation of his little brother's arrival, we got a big boy bed for Reister. We ordered it about a month ago and it arrived yesterday. It's actually the top part of a bunk bed that we ordered by itself and asked for the legs to be a little shorter than the one in the store. I think it looks really nice and Reister enjoyed playing on it. He put his tool bench on the bed yesterday afternoon while playing. Hopefully he won't try to do that at night when he should be sleeping! We chose this bed because of the railings all the way around. Hopefully that will help as he adjusts to not being in his crib. Anyone who's made the transition with your kid(s) have any tips? We still need to get a mattress pad to make it a little softer. The mattress that came with the bed is very thin and very hard. I am pretty excited to finally be able to use the sheet and quilt set I bought when we went back to the states last August for this bed! Now we just need to fix up the rest of his big boy room - a couple of pictures on the wall, etc.

1 comment:

  1. What a great bed! Let us know how it goes. I've read that they can often be found sleeping on the floor after playing with toys!

    ReplyDelete