Happy Thanksgiving!
It wasn't really Peyton's preference to take a picture at that time but, hey, we rolled with it.
We went to some friends' house and had a nice traditional Thanksgiving meal. They made the turkey. I made the cornbread dressing (my mom's recipe), green beans (my Mimi's recipe), and a corn casserole (my friend SB's recipe). After dinner Mason had a major #2 accident and if it hadn't been for another Mom having an extra pair of pants we would have had to leave early or go buy some at the supermarket nearby. We enjoyed the company of several other families and friends. We shared what we were thankful for, played a few games, ate some good food & dessert. Unfortunately when we got home Micah really started feeling bad and has been sick the last 2 days with an ear infection of some sort. But we did manage to get the Christmas decorations up. This year Reister was really excited about doing that and kept pushing me to keep going. He couldn't wait to put the star on the top of the tree but I made him wait till we had everything else on. Any other moms of little ones out there just give up on having a "pretty" tree? I have some prettier decorations, but Reister kept pulling all the old, cheap ones from the box and putting them up. I couldn't bring myself to deter his efforts. So I just accepted the fact that for the next few years our tree will look haphazard rather than 'classy'. I'd much rather have that kind of a tree and have three amazing little boys! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are in the world!
What a beautiful picture of your family! Even with sweet Peyton wailing you all look so good, Michelle. I echo your sentiment about the Christmas tree...cherish these years when your home & your time center around those little guys. The time will FLY by and you'll have more than enough Christmases in your future after the boys go up. Celebrate the NOW moments and hugs all four of your boys from me.
ReplyDeletefondly, LTC