That's the question of the day, but the answer most likely is June 30th. I had a doctor's appointment today and he checked me and I was only like 1 cm dilated. He said to come back in a week and he'd schedule me to come in and be induced on Monday June 30th. That should give us plenty of time for him to be born, get checked out as far as his kidney issue, circumcised, discharged from the hospital, and still have a little time together at "home" (our temporary apartment) with Mom before she has to leave to go back to Texas July 8th (my Dad's birthday!) Of course, it would be better if I went into labor naturally before the 30th. My doctor reminded me that labor could be a "long hard road" if I'm induced rather than waiting for it to happen naturally. I'm aware of that but that's one reason I'm going for the epidural as soon as I can get it. He's going to induce me by breaking my water and putting me on a pitocin drip, and as soon as I get to 4 or 5 cm, he said I can have the epidural.
So it's kind of fun to know that Mason will be here in a little over a week (if not before!)
We'll keep you updated! Please ask that we would continue to lean into Father and seek His face during this time of waiting and preparing for our second child!
Are you using the same doctor as last time? He didn't break your water last time did he? Yeah, Dr. Udom said it could be around 10 hours after starting pitocin before Jordan was born-- so I was freaking out so I understand wanting the epidural as soon as possible! But most say things go faster the second time around so hopefully that will be the case! We will be thinking about you guys and can't wait to hear when he does come!!
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying for you as you prepare for little Mason! What an exciting time...
ReplyDeleteIt is funny how the times have changed. I had pitocin and in 45 min. our Kayla was born. Ofcourse Justin was only 5 hours but still- I guess they say that just incase! :)
Try sitting in very low positions.:) My water broke with 2 of ours when I was getting up from sitting down. Wouldn't hurt to try? :) hee hee.
Blessings to you all!
Melissa