May 15, 2010

Playing Outside

I'm thankful for a apartment complex that we can enjoy - ours has some nice paved roads and sidewalks as well as a couple playgrounds. We have gone out several times since we got back. Reister and Mason have both been happy to ride their "bikes". This particular day, though, neither wanted to ride back from the playground and I was by myself and it ended up being quite an ordeal to get them back to the apartment. I actually left Reister's tricycle at the front gate and got it later after Micah got home. I had to carry Mason's and hold his hand and also coax Reister along. I think jet-lag is still creeping up on us at times.
Micah traveled this past week and it was quite a shock for me taking care of the boys completely on my own. At first I couldn't figure out why - I've done it lots of times before - but then I realized that after staying with our parents for the last 6 months I had gotten used to a lot more help - not to mention ways to entertain the boys. I've been having to pray for LOTS of patience and grace in parenting. It's so good though, that I'm kept dependent on the true Provider!

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally. I am having a difficult time with handling everything after having been in the states for 10 months. I got used to all the extra help which was a true blessing. Now I am adjusting back to life here where there is a little less help and I have to just let some things (around the house) go so that I can be the mommy I need to be. It sure is challenging, but good (like you said) to be relying on Father for His perfect strength and grace as a parent! I see my desperate need for Him!

    ReplyDelete