May 12, 2010

We Made It!

We are back! And boy are we excited to be back! I didn't realize how nice it would feel to be in our own home. Don't get me wrong, we are still missing our family and friends terribly but at the same time we know this is where we are supposed to be so it feels great to be back.
The trip went well. Amazingly, the 14 hour flight across the ocean wasn't that bad. The boys both slept for two long chunks. The food was good, the in flight entertainment was good (we each had our own tv) and the boys really didn't flip out about having to be on the plane for so long. The plane's seats were actually arranged in a 3-3-3 set up so we couldn't sit in 4 seats together but Mason ended up wanting to be in one of our laps most of the time anyway.
We arrived back to a clean apartment, with new paint on the walls and lots of basic grocery items thanks to our friends Ann & Heather. Jet lag hasn't been too miserable but I can't seem to shake the "swimming head". The boys were both very excited to play with their old toys and had no problem adjusting to their beds.
I know I still need to catch up on pictures from our time in the states and then start posting new ones of our time here. I will try to be faithful about posting!!!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the return update! so thankful your travels went smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your two postings since you've returned home. Sure makes the distances seem more manageable! Best of luck with the boys and Micah's traveling schedules.
    Think of you daily,
    Leslie C

    ReplyDelete